Project Delivery Lead - remote
|Job Type||Temporary / Contract|
|Sector||I.T. - Delivery & Agile|
- A leading organisation are urgently looking for a Project Delivery Lead to take responsibility for, and manage, delivery a portfolio of customer-facing digital initiatives. This department brings in annual revenues of nearly £250m, with activities spanning a global network over 50 countries.
The Digital team is multidisciplinary and employs Agile methodology, with a default to Open Source systems. The in-house development team runs the Scrum framework categorised using time-boxed development sprints which form the engine for delivery of products across the organisation.
- To be accountable for keeping complex deliveries on track, on budget and on time. This is a key role within the team and crucial to successful product rollouts.
- To regularly report to stakeholders and sponsors on progress, including risk management and the critical stages of the delivery.
- To collaborate and champion multi-disciplinary teams to ensure projects are designed and built to meet business objectivities while adding value.
- To plan, implement and manage multiple projects within a delivery rollout in a complex environment while identifying dependencies and unblocking of issues.
- To initiate, develop and maintain effective relationships and engagement with owners and stakeholders, dispersed across the globe.
- The jobholder will use his/her deep knowledge of project-planning methodologies to decide the most appropriate to deploy against specific deliveries.
- To manage large product deliveries with software, external developers and a multidisciplinary team from content editorial, technology, teaching, operations, data analysis, marketing, sales and customer management and editorial teams based around the world.
- To be responsible for updating project plans, risk and issue logs and sprint backlogs as required.
- Resolve any issues and solve problems which occur through the lifecycle of the delivery in a creative and analytical method.
- You can effectively translate complex technical details ensuring they are accurately communicated to non-technical stakeholders
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience of managing relevant projects.
- Confident in Agile development management methodologies.
- Ability to manage programs and projects of scale.
- Analyses requirements with the sponsor/stakeholders, defining specification, planning, revising,
- implementing an evaluating small to large, low to high-risk delivery.
- Add value, guide and coach your team and organisation through the delivery processes.
- Ability to maintain delivery pace.
- Ability to use formal and informal negotiating and motivation techniques to influence others’ behaviour
- and persuade them to think and act differently, while respecting differences of view and culture.
- Co-ordinates a diverse team with awareness of equality and diversity impact as part of the delivery
- specifications and handles changers in specification or plan to meet unexpected circumstances.