An award-winning FinTech, urgently needs Ruby contractors to work fully remote, to play a key role within their cross functional team; taking responsibility for your services and the technology within them. You'll be responsible for implementing an industry-leading API that has already processed over $50 billion of cross-border transactions for over 5 million end users.
The Tech Stack includes:
- Object-oriented programming in Ruby.
- The tech stack includes RoR applications with RabbitMQ and Kafka as a queue service, MySQL as an underlying database engine, and Elasticsearch as a search engine and aggregation tool. Their frontends are written in VueJS and ReactJS. All of that running on Kubernetes clusters
- Highly-scalable, highly-available, cloud-native applications are key to next phase of growth, are written to 12-factor principles and fit into our microservices architecture
- Cloud-related tools and services support these applications, such as Docker, Kubernetes, ElasticSearch, log management systems, and Datadog APM, to name but a few
- API specifications, conforming to the OpenAPI (Swagger) standard, provide a clean boundary both externally between our customers and our product, and internally between our microservices
- SQL, and large SQL databases, provide the persistence layer for our applications. You’ll be working with (and know the limitations of using) such large datastores
- Infrastructure automation is primarily owned by the infrastructure team, but you will be a consumer of their work, familiarity with AWS, Terraform and Docker is beneficial
- Testing approaches, including TDD, BDD and Contract Testing, all form an important part of our approach to quality assurance; ensuring that the code that we write forms products that are fit for use. We currently use RSpec and Cucumber
- Agile development, with teams broadly aligned with the Spotify - Squads & Tribes - model, helps us deliver incremental improvements to our products in an iterative manner. Advocating this model, and joining us on a journey of continuous improvement, is a key attribute of senior members of our teams
- Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery pipelines allow us to “automate all the things”, providing repeatable builds and consistent deployments
- GitHub, and the GitHub PR review process, forms a core part of our developer workflow, and peer reviews help share knowledge and improve quality
They are a remote-first company; however at the moment they are unable to consider applicants living outside of our entities and unable to provide visa sponsorship.
Apply now for a decision within 24 hours.