Application Support Developer (Linux / SQL) - London - £40,000
This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Job Type||Permanent Full Time|
|Sector||I.T.I.T. - Administration|
|Salary||£25000 - £40000 per annum + Pension and Bonus|
|Job Ref||App support_1590663999|
Application Support Developer (Linux / SQL)
A small dynamic company, who are recognised as the "best of breed" in their space, offers the opportunity to work in a small but growing award winning company with other skilled professionals, delivering to the highest standards and providing outstanding client service, where good work is both recognised and rewarded. The position is for Application Support Developer which is a hands on role joining the App support team for maintenance of the companies platform.
The position involves dealing with urgent requests, smaller client driven feature enhancements, on boarding of new financial institutions and managing services in Production, Test and Development environments. The applications delivering the services have a server based data processing components as well as an interactive user interface delivered as secure web pages over the Internet as well as behind-the-scenes data gateway systems. In addition to owning the function, the role is hands-on to the extent of investigating issues. The candidate will be required to implement structures and processes to enable the company to continue to deliver excellent service and maintain our strong reputation for quality as more services are delivered to our client base.
Role: Application Support Developer (Linux / SQL)
* Support and monitoring of the production platform
* Responsive to internal and external client queries and tickets
* Manage issues through to resolution, including when utilising 3rd line support resources in the development team
* Management of support resources and coverage schedules
* Incident management during critical outages
* On boarding of new services for new and existing clients
* Continuous improvements of the production service and team effectiveness, establishing and resolving the root cause of issues
* Producing Management Information / performance metrics for support and the company
* Participating in Client Service and Technology meetings
Main Technologies and Essential skills:
* Development exposure in one of PHP, Perl, Python, Ruby, Java, C/C++
Monitoring and Alerting Systems
* Ticketing / workflow Systems (e.g. Jira, Mantis)
* SQL and basic Linux / Unix experience
* Ability to apply the right sense of urgency in a fast paced environment
* Experience of supporting high-volume, business critical systems
* Enjoys both the responsive and proactive elements of the support role
* Ability to work as part of a team and manage resources in a matrix reporting structure
* Strong communication skills, including the ability to liaise with developers, client service, technical contacts at clients and to provide telephone & e-mail support to end users
Application Support Developer Linux / SQL