Systems Administrator / DevOps Engineer (Linux / Ansible)
|Job Type||Permanent Full Time|
|Sector||I.T.I.T. - Administration|
|Salary||£70000 - £90000 per annum + 6% Penson and 10-15% Bonus|
Systems Administrator / DevOps Engineer - Linux / Ansible
This is an amazing opening for a Systems Administrator / DevOps Engineer - Linux / Ansible. It's working for a technology company disrupting the Fintech sector and another "first" to the online market!
As this company grows to deliver new services and expand existing services to new clients, it's secure high availability infrastructure must grow to meet the demand. They strive to automate server provisioning, monitoring and day to day processes as far as possible. You will be part of the team that owns the entire infrastructure, from networking, firewalls, external network routing, multiple data centres through to operating systems, data replication and application services.
We are looking for a talented Systems Administrator / DevOps Engineer to join the team.
You will be responsible for provisioning, installing, configuring, and operational maintenance of systems, networks and software related infrastructure. This also includes the DevOps initiative, where you will be tasked with the creation Jenkins pipelines for automating tasks such as deploying and managing the infrastructure configuration, and other infrastructure related tasks, work with development team to troubleshoot Jenkins pipelines and provide mentorship. In addition, you will document procedures and knowledge base information articles
Responsibilities: (Systems Administrator / DevOps Engineer - Linux / Ansible)
* Support, monitor, maintain and improve our infrastructure and the live running of our applications.
* Ability to drive DevOps methodologies, principles and automated tools to their Infrastructure using current DevOps adoption methods.
* Exchange knowledge with colleagues through collaboration, documentation and occasionally 101 talks.
* Implement DevOps technologies and processes, e.g. containerisation, CI/CD, infrastructure as code, metrics, monitoring and pipelines.
* Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions
* Leverage advanced knowledge in systems administration and consult with other staff and/or vendor support when necessary to troubleshoot and solve complex, highly technical problems.
* Help diagnose the root causes of systems issues using your problem-solving skills and work to produce permanent solutions that ensure problems never recur Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks. Identify approaches that leverage our resources.
* Install new and maintain existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements
* Provide Tier III/other support per request from various constituencies. Investigate and troubleshoot issues.
* Setup and management of server build automation tools (e.g. Ansible, Puppet)
* Firewall setup, configuration and management (e.g. IP tables, DNS, IP, Routing, Firewall rules, etc)
* Network setup and management
* Hardware setup and management
* Key and Certificate setup and management
* Implementing Information Security Policy and Procedures
* Virtual Machine Management
* Solid working knowledge of Linux (currently Debian OS)
* Excellent knowledge of the LAMP stack
* Experience with performance tuning MySQL and replication technologies
* Excellent experience in scripting and automating day to day SysAdmin and DevOps tasks
* Strong problem solving and analysis skills