Scala Developer - London - up to £90,000 + bonus
This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Job Type||Permanent Full Time|
|Sector||I.T.I.T. - Development|
|Salary||£45000 - £90000 per annum + bonus + benefits|
Scala Developer - London - up to £90,000 plus bonus and benefits
An award winning service provider urgently need Scala developers working to develop, enhance, maintain and support the company's hosted services. The applications delivering the services generally have an interactive user interface component delivered as dynamic web pages over the Internet as well as a series of significant server based data processing components. You must have a solid understanding of object oriented programming and have worked in highly scalable and high performance systems. Working knowledge of Linux, Apache and MySQL/Sybase would be helpful
The role offers the opportunity to work in a small company setting with other highly skilled developers to produce high quality software where good work is both recognised and rewarded. You will work in a dynamic mixed skill development team, using Scrum to deliver new product features every 4-6 weeks under the direction of the CTO. You will be comfortable using different technologies/languages as necessary to meet overall team objectives, though remain an expert in your area of experience. You will have the opportunity to lead development cycles, provide creative solutions to challenging problems, and integrate with other industry leading products/services via API (e.g. Facebook Connect, OAuth, eBay, etc.).
Required skills: (Scala Developer - London - up to £90,000)
* Minimum 3 years experience working as a developer, solving complex business problems
* A solid understanding of Computer Science, data structures, algorithms, and distributed systems.
* Experience building systems using Akka, and knowledge of Akka FSM and Akka HTTP
* Good knowledge of big data technologies, like Hadoop, HBase, and Spark
* Ability to communicate within a fast-paced team of both technical and non-technical experts